- Mar 14 - Bear Stearns gets Fed funding as shares plummet
- Mar 16 - Bear Stearns gets acquired for $2 a share by JPMorgan Chase in a fire sale avoiding bankruptcy. The deal is backed by Federal Reserve providing up to $30B to cover possible Bear Stearn losses.
- Sep 07 - Federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Sep 14 - Merrill Lynch sold to Bank of America amidst fears of a liquidity crisis and Lehman Brothers collapse
- Sep 15 - Lehman Brothers files for bankruptcy protection
- Sep 16 - Moody's and Standard and Poor's downgrade ratings on AIG's credit on concerns over continuing losses to mortgage-backed securities, sending the company into fears of insolvency.
- Sep 17 - The US Federal Reserve loans $85 billion to American International Group (AIG) to avoid bankruptcy.
- Sep 19 - Paulson financial rescue plan unveiled after a volatile week in stock and debt markets.
Where to buy a MacBook Air in Bangkok?
2 years ago