Bayh is a US Senator for Indiana. His full name is Birch Evans Bayh III. The first of his namesake was born in Indiana in 1893.
- He has been governor of Indiana since 1988.
- Bayh was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1998 to the seat that was once held by his father (from 1963 to 1981).
- This is positive: as US Senator for Indiana, Bayh has voted against confirming United States Attorney General John Ashcroft, Secretary of the Interior Gale Norton, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito. Also, "Senator Bayh began asking for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's resignation in 2004."
- On the otherhand, according to the Wikipedia bio of Bayh, "Bayh was an early supporter of the Bush administration's policies on Iraq.
- What of this man's forign policy experience, considered an Obama deficit? Bayh is a member of the Armed Services Committee and the Select Intelligence Committee. He wants to increase aid to Israeli. Although hawkish on Iran, he pushes for tough sanctions to avoid the need for military conflict.